Whizz up chickpeas with spices and herbs to make delicious vegetarian patties for lunch or dinner!
- Chickpeas- 400g can, drained and rinsed well
- Parsley- 1 large handful
- Coriander- 1 teaspoon, ground
- Cumin- 1 teaspoon, ground
- Fresh lemon juice- ½ lemon
- Egg- 1
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil- 1 teaspoon
- For the coating: sesame seeds or ground almonds
- To serve: Wholemeal pita or balady bread, fresh vegetables.
- Place all the falafel ingredients, except the olive oil, in a food processor and blitz to a coarse paste. Shape the mixture into 8 small or 6 large patties.
- Roll each falafel in in your choice of coating, patting so it sticks well. They can be chilled in refrigerator at this point and cooked later.
- When ready to cook, oven bake.
- Serve in warm wholemeal bread, tahini and fresh vegetables like arugula, lettuce, tomatoes, grated carrots etc.